Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Freedom Fest

This weekend was a relaxing and satisfying one. The family and I attended Freedom Fest in Snohomish, Washington, and camped there all starting Thursday night. It was a bit too hot in the afternoons (darn global warming) but things evened out and became too cold on Sunday night. The crowd was a bit lighter than in previous years but we had a great time and got to see one of my favorite bands, Esterlyn. These guys continue to impress me and they are producing some incredible music. Luke Caldwell, their founder and front man, is a worship driven man of Christ and is solidly grounded in the Word. Their message is clear and unpretentious; we all exist to glorify the Lord. So do I, so do you. I strongly recommend their latest CD, Lamps, (which they autographed for me) and anyone who is into contemporary Christian music will enjoy it. You can also get their previous CD from when they were a band called Grand Prize for dirt cheap off amazon. You will not be sorry.

No comments: