Monday, January 05, 2009

Thrust, Parry, Riposte, Fall On Face

In the ongoing fight to dominate my latest story, "Broken Rocks", I've had the joy of writing yet another future deleted scene. (At least I'm getting better at recognizing them quickly.) For much the same reason, I've abandoned this scene because it doesn't really solve the core logistical problem of getting the characters from point A to point B. Also, it had that 'get up, eat breakfast, get in the car, drive to work' sort of feel to it when I really wanted a 'Joe arrived at work to find his office on fire' sort of feel. There's just a lot of territory that has to be covered over populated lands which will create problems that I don't have time to address within the confines of this story. While difficult times for the main character are good, these are not the problems I want to deal with right now.

Shoot, maybe I should have done a little world building before I started this thing.

No comments: