Monday, September 18, 2006

Babies and Blogs

Since the two newest things in my life are this blog and our fourth child, a friend recently asked how babies and blogs were similar. After a few minutes of thinking I came up with this Top Ten List:

10. They both cry a lot and demand attention.
9. They're both going to grow up, and when they do, boy is it going to cost you.
8. Both have creators that sit around and lovingly admire them.
7. Both have audiences that smile politely but inside are thinking, "My God, that's an ugly baby."
6. Their audiences are forced to view them no matter how busy they are and it's quite rude to turn down an invitation.
5. They both were derived from previous activities (oddly both stressful and enjoyable.)
4. If you don't save them often, they'll crash and you'll lose everything.
3. Leave an uncapped marking pen laying about and things can get out of control.
2. Their brothers and sisters try to cooperate but when you get right down to it, they're all competitors.
1. Every now and again, something shows up on them that really stinks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am at a loss to understand how creating babies can be stressful . . .

Anonymous said...

I am at a loss to understand how creating babies can be enjoyable . . .

Anonymous said...

This activity is becoming both stressful and yet strangely enjoyable

Anonymous said...

I think Seren would be proud to find the products of her promptings on your blog. :-)

Jeff Draper said...

She provides unique inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Exactly - I am and I do