Saturday, February 13, 2010

Idiot Savant

All of us have special talents. All of us have God given gifts that set us apart from fellow mortals and make us stand out like a green M&M in a bowl of reds. Mine happens to be Star Wars trivia. Wife Number One and Only got me the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game for Christmas. She knew, rightly so as it turns out, that the game would never be played because I would win in one turn. So now I amuse myself with my unerring ability to pick any card at random and correctly answer six out of six questions. The one or two times that I only answered five correctly it was clearly the card's fault for not being clear enough so I promptly rephrased the question and described the scene in which it happens.

It may not be the gift of tongues or faith healing or whatever, but it makes me special.

2 comments:

nissa-amas-katoj said...

My gift is remembering forgettable soap opera plots from decades ago, and using it to make annoying comments like 'hey, didn't he come back from the dead twice before--- and wasn't there an autopsy that one time?'

Jeff Draper said...

Yeah, you'd think the autopsy would be the final nail in the coffin but noooo....