Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My New Favorite Song

Sometimes we're lucky enough to see true beauty, like the faintest glimpse of what Heaven must be like. For me, it happened recently on the five hour drive back from Long Beach. Towards the end of the trip we were losing our patience and getting into a general grouchy mood. The kids were unruly and the baby was more fussy than usual. Just then my daughter decided to sing to him. After a few rounds of "If You're Happy and You Know It" and "Jesus Loves Me" she struck upon a song that still rings in my mind. She just kept singing 'everything is magical and wonderful' again and again and again. That was both the lyric and the chorus. It went on and on.

With her cute little six year old voice and wide open belief that everything was magical and wonderful, it's one of the few times I wish the car trip could have been just a bit longer.

No comments: