Or: How to Get to Daegu in six easy steps.
1. Plane to Hawai'i. Make sure it's running late and in danger of getting fogged in.
2. Rental car to Camp Smith. Stop at Jack in the Box. Get some field gear. Go back to airport.
3. Plane to Incheon. There's just never a way to make eleven hour flights feel good.
4. Bus to Yongson Garrison, Seoul. Wait around for mass confusion to settle itself out. Sleep in very cold tent.
5. Bullet train to Daegu. This was the best part of the journey. We got up to 180 mph (that's like, I don't know, 10,000 kilometres per hour or something) while shooting through the Korean countryside. I'm generally opposed to any form of mass transit but this was cool.
6. Mini-van to Camp Henry. Daegu drivers make New Yorkers looks sane and friendly.