Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hawai'i For Those That Hate Beaches

Hawai'i is much the same as when I left it. The same lazy tropical breezes flow across the lanai I'm sitting on, the same colorful and inquisitive birds hop about the furniture, and the same highway projects are blocking the same roads next to Pearl Harbor.

As I thought, there is no one around to check in with so I have the day to acclimatize before starting the exercise. Since I'll be spending most of my time in a crowded, air conditioned room with no windows it's important to get acclimated. I might go out to Ala Moana Beach again but I'll probably find places like the one I'm at: comfy chairs, cold drinks, and swaying palm trees. A laptop on my lap and CNN playing in the background.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: