Monday, October 20, 2008

CSFF October Tour

This month we have an excellent book in Beyond the Reflection's Edge by Bryan Davis. This book is encouraging for fantasy fiction writers like myself. While not in the sword and sorcery sub-genre it does deal with the gritty side of life and has clear evil displayed as something to be defeated. That's my kind of story. I happen to think that fantasy heroes are made stronger when they have greater evil to fight. It's all about raising the stakes and you need a strong antagonistic force to do that properly. I've done my bit to support Bryan Davis in the past and I hope that he continues to shine.

1 comment:

Bryan Davis said...

Thank you for posting about my book.

I agree that stories are better with a powerful evil force. At least it makes them more fun.

Bryan Davis