Saturday, June 16, 2007

Latest Project Finished

So my latest piece clocked in at 15,000 words and I'm going through the revising process. Since this one is non-fiction humor I am drafting up a proposal to blast out there and see what sort of interest I can generate. This is new territory for me and there's a bit of a learning curve. It doesn't help that I got a 'hard to categorize' project. Typically with non-fiction you come up with the idea, do some basic research, and then draft a proposal to see if a publisher is interested. The writing comes later. But this is different in that I wanted to see if I could actually finish it before sending out proposals. My extra awesome test readers are preparing their savage remarks as I speak. After that and a little tweaking, the proposals get launched. Luckily for me there are plenty of agents and publishers who accept e-mail for that. Makes the process so much easier.

No comments: